"...a master of detail..."
-Times Literary Supplement
-BBC Radio 4
"searingly empathetic...outrageously funny..."
"an exceptionally fine novel..."
- Daily Telegraph
"Orange Laughter is a brilliant novel..."
LEONE'S TEDx TALK
In 2011, Leone was invited to Bratislava, Slovakia to take part in their Tedx event. Challenged, like all TED speakers, to deliver 'the talk of your life' she chose the simply titled Five Things Writing Has Taught Me About Life.
To see the talk, click below.
ON THE ROAD
* FARRAR, STRAUS & GIROUX buys US rights to THIS ONE SKY DAY [to be titled 'Popisho' in America]
* FABER & FABER pre-empts World Rights, all languages, on THIS ONE SKY DAY, Leone Ross's third novel
*Sat June 3rd, 5.45pm, LEEDS LAUNCH OF LEONE'S SHORT STORY COLLECTION - 'COME LET US SING ANYWAY' hosted by the Northern Short Story Festival! Tickets here.
* June 17th - WORKSHOP: How to Edit The Hell Out of Your Fiction. At GrrrlCon (Manchester) 2017
Peepal Tree Press
Published June 5, 2017
LEONE ROSS'S TOP 20 BOOKS
1. 100 Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
2. Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison
3. The Long Walk by Stephen King
4. My Family And Other Animals by Gerald Durrell
5. The Lunatic by Anthony C. Winkler
6. Little Birds by Anais Nin
7. Pronoia by Rob Brezny
8. Cane by Jean Toomer
9. Anything ever written by Sherwood Andersen
10. James & The Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
11. Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
12. Dutchman by Amiri Baraka
13. Sex Tips For Girls by Cynthia Heimel
14. Geek Love by Katharine Dunn
15. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
16. On Chesil Beach by Ian McKewan
17. Midnight’s Children by Salman Rushdie
18. Magical Realist Fiction ed. David Young
19. A Right To Be Hostile by Aaron McGruder
20. The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
LEONE'S TOP FIVE WRITING TIPS
1. Turn up to the page.
2. Progress, not perfection
(that comes later!)
3. Keep a journal.
4. Read the brave writers.
5. Learn your craft.
[See Writing Tips]